Rise and shine for an epic Hawaiian adventure! Capture the stunning tropical sunrise before discovering picture-perfect locations around Oahu.
Day prior to and day of full moon
Pick-up is one hour prior to moonrise
Duration: 3 Hours
Watching the full moon rise out of the sea is a stunning privilege!
The Full Moon Tour is offered twice a month. On both the night of the full moon and the evening before, when the moon is a sliver shy of fullness, we offer the chance to watch this celestial body slowly emerge from the ocean’s horizon. It’s a spectacular sight!
Watch the moon emerge from the ocean’s horizon and capture one-of-a-kind photographs of this celestial body’s magnificent beauty. We’ve designed an evening of play for anyone interested in photography.
Tripods are provided to let you experiment with shutter speeds and capture a variety of impressions of the moon’s beauty. Create scenes in your images by photographing the moon beside a lighthouse, a volcanic island, or if you’re lucky, the moon will cast a lunar rainbow!
Learn how to create steel wool photography, a shockingly simple yet remarkable fire-like photo technique that never fails to amaze the eye! Photograph the white sand along the beach as the moon lights it up in a breathtaking way.
Make sure to check our calendar as this photo tour only goes out twice a month. If you are lucky enough to be on the island during the full moon, you will be doing yourself a great favor by being one of only seven guests that can join this magical Oahu tour.
Sites We Visit
- East Oahu for the full moon
- Views of Rabbit Island
- Makapu’u Beach Light House
- Long Exposure at local beaches
- Steel wool light painting
What to bring
- Do not bring more than you can carry. Nothing is left in the van when we are out shooting to prevent theft.
- We provide you with a tripod. You may bring your own.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- You may want to bring a light jacket if you get cold easily as it can be cold by the ocean.
- We recommend you bring additional batteries and memory cards for your camera. We would hate to see you miss out.