Rise and shine for an extraordinary experience! Capture the breathtaking sunrise on a pristine beach and savor the delectable Leonards Malasada. Experience it all before the world wakes up. You’ll be back in time to savor the entire day. Don’t miss this opportunity to witness the magical sunrise in Hawaii.
Honolulu Sea-Cliff Tour with Sunset
Capture Hawaii's Magic Hour | The Best Locations East Oahu
Availability: Everyday expect Monday & Friday
Duration: 5.5 hours
Start Time: 4.5 hour before sunset
End Time: 1 hour after sunset
Easy Medium Hard
- Lani Lookout: Stand on spectacular sea cliffs.
- Windward Coast Views: Ancient volcanos and beautiful bays.
- Halona Blowhole: Visit this iconic natural formation
- Sunset: Experience the sunset from the rugged sea cliffs (hard to access)
- Where is pickup: Waikiki Hotels. Choose from our list when booking and see the pickup location closest to you.
- Food & Drinks: We will stop for local food spot called Onos Steak & Shrimp. Does vary on Tuesdays.
- Time at stops: We will be at the sunset location for up to 1 hour. Other stops will be between 20 & 30 minutes.
- Group Size: We have a max of only 7 guests on our group tours.
- Difficulty: The Sunset location is a difficult location to access. Not recommended for anyone with any type of mobility issue.
- Adult (13 & Up)
- Child (5-12)
- Infant (4 & Under) Not Allowed
- Private (1-4 Guests)
- Private (5-8 Guests)
Capture the sunset and the breathtaking sea cliffs of the Kaiwi coastline
Explore the best spots on the island with your photo guide, culminating with the most perfect sunset. The Hawaii Sunset photo tour not only positions you in perfect timing to capture a brilliant sunset but also gives you the opportunity to capture the sun rays as they touch and graze the topography of Oahu Island’s Windward side.
Be humbled by the vast terrain of the Kaiwi coastline. Be nourished by the fresh air of calmness, and carry this exciting state forward for the remainder of the day as you encounter the smells of hundreds of Plumeria flowers at a botanical garden in a volcanic crater. Look for wildlife at each stop!
Then, view the Ko’olau Mountains up-close and personal at the Makapu’u Lookout. This lookout a favorite spot for photos of Hawaii. One of the best places in the world for wind sports, try to capture a soaring paraglider above the blue waters.
Please the senses at Ono Steaks, a specially chosen food shop that specializes in Hawaiian and Hawaii-inspired dishes.
Continue to the Halona blow-hole to capture the stunning landscape of East Oahu. You get the chance to see tide pools, late-stage volcanic eruptions, and, depending on the time of year, you may even spot a humpback whale. Be prepared to capture vibrant blue waves crashing into a unique rock formation!
After all the excitement, prepare to photograph Hawaii’s most classic sunset on the eastern tip of Oahu, where you capture the sun dropping down the sky on the sea cliff walls. The beauty and vibrant colors can only be witnessed first-hand, not described, on our Hawaiian Sunset Tour. This experience is what memories are made from.
We Explore These Breathtaking Destinations:
- Lanai Lookout – Rugged Sea cliffs
- Makapu’u Lookout – Scenic Ocean Vistas
- Onos Steak & Shrimp – Locals favorite (not on Tuesday)
- Botanical Garden – Plumeria filled crater
- Halona Blowhole – Witness the power of the ocean
- Sunset – Watch the sun light up the sky from the sea-cliffs
What to Bring:
- Travel Light: Please pack only what you can comfortably carry. We do not leave items in the van to prevent theft.
- Comfortable Shoes: We recommend wearing closed-toed, comfortable shoes for your journey.
- Stay Hydrated: Bring your own beverage to stay refreshed.
- Layer Up: Consider bringing a light jacket if you tend to get chilly easily. Keep in mind that it can get quite windy near the ocean.
We at Oahu Photography Tours have created the Hawaiian Sunset Photo Tour of East Oahu. This sunset tour not only positions you in perfect timing to capture brilliant colors of a Hawaiian sunset, but you get to take pictures of the sun-rays as they touch and graze the topography of Oahu Island’s Windward side. Experience the cool breeze on top of the Hawaiian mountains, mixed with the drama of pounding ocean waters. Try delicious local food not found in Waikiki, capture paraglider flying over lighthouses, and sea cliffs on the water’s edge will have you saying “I never want to leave Hawaii” after this tour.
Begin your journey high above the clear waters of the Hanauma Bay. Ask your guide to discuss the feature of this world-renowned bay. Let’s drive to the Lana’i lookout after some kick-butt panoramic photos have been taken. The blue colors of the Kawai channel are both breathtaking and overwhelming. Depending on the time of year, you may spot the Hawaiian born Humped-backed whale or the Monk Seal of Hawaii. A pull up into Koko Crater Botanical garden is next on the list for your tour. Beautiful and intricate grooves of Plumeria will have you stopping to smell and photograph these bright tropical flowers. The spirit of this location is pleasing and benefits you with a sense of inner peace, serenity, and of course, by providing the gift of beautiful images.
Centered and inspired, you’ll be brought up close and personal with the Ko’olau Mountains at the Makapu’u lookout for an unforgettable experience with this protected landscape. You’ll understand why this location was designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1972 because preserving the pure quality of this natural feat is worth appreciating. Anyone looking for memorable things to do in Oahu will feel the value in sharing space with the majestic Ko’olau Mountains.
After all of the excitement, the Hawaiian Sunset Island Tour will take a break to satisfy our appetites at Ono Steaks & Shrimp, which specializes in Hawaiian and Hawaii-inspired dishes. All meals are served with a local style and can not be found in Waikiki. You are going to love this food so much, and we bet we will see you here again during your vacation.
Let’s watch the Halona Blow spout off while our delicious food settles in our bellies. We could be super lucky to see the water shoot up over our heads at this movie location and favorite photo spot. After snapping the shots of the Blow Hole and Eternity Beach, we’ll prepare to photograph Hawaii’s most epic sunset on the Eastern tip of Oahu, where you’ll capture the sun dropping down the sky along the sea cliff walls. This beauty can only be witnessed by you and you alone unless you use one of our tripods to stream the event live.
Come and see for yourself why people rave about this tour. Can’t wait to see you on our Hawaii Sunset Tour.